Bed bugs can be a menace; they breed at a quick pace and can wreak havoc on our sleep cycles. However, with the hectic lifestyles we lead, maintaining a fresh and clean bed routinely can be a challenge. For those who have sensitive skin, bed bugs can have bad effects. A typical bug bite may show symptoms such as raised-red welts, burning and itching, and bed bug rashes. Bed bugs also tend to carry several pathogenic diseases such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV. Frequent bites can therefore cause health issues and psychological distress. Hence, treating them becomes highly important.
Treating bed bugs is a daunting task. However, when you run a bed and breakfast or a facility, you know that this is a critical task and must be done on priority. If you are looking to get rid of these pesky pests, bed bugs sprays can be a cost-effective solution.
Here’s a list of some of the best bed bugs sprays worth considering.
- Bed Bug Killer by Eco Defense – All Natural Organic Formula
- Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider
- Temprid SC Killer
- Bed Bug Killer Patrol
- Ortho Home Defense Dual-Action Bed Bug Killer Aerosol Spray
- Harris Bed Bug Killer
- Temprid SC Insecticide
- Chapin Sprayer
- Harris Toughest Bed Bug Killer
- Temprid Ready Spray
Please note that bed bugs are not easily visible but you can look for these clues to know if they are present in your house:
- Bed bug skins or shells
- Fecal stains on your bedding and mattress
- Blood stains on your clothes or on the linens
How do sprays work?
A bed bug spray works its magic when it comes in contact with the bug. It can instantly kill the bed bug. However, since bed bugs multiply quickly, you will have to make sure that you put in all your effort during the extermination process. Missing a few can lead to infestation in your home. However, it’s notable that sprays are unable to kill the eggs and if these are not attended to, then it is sure to cause a huge bug problem in a few week’s time. When buying the best bed bug sprays, do make sure that they contain Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) that will help stop the life cycle of the bed bugs.
Products from Transport, Temprid, and Phantom have been considered to be effective as they their products not only contain pyrethroids but also neonicotinod compounds and pro-insecticide chlorfenapyr. According to the team these products have long-term action and residual killing even after they dry out.
Here are some tips to remember before using any spray for your home:
- Firstly, make sure that the sprays mentions that it can be used in your home. Avoid spraying it directly on pets, skin, or clothes.
- Follow the instructions mentioned on the spray can.
- Check for the efficiency of the spray by finding out its success rate in destroying the bed bugs.
- Find out more about the effectiveness of the substance residue. Some sprays are capable of killing bugs (when in contact) even after 30 days of spraying it.
- Make sure that your home is properly ventilated while using the spray. Also, you will have to leave the room and the item (such as bed) unused for at least six hours after using the spray.
- Do a thorough research on the product before using it in your home.
Where to buy best bed bug sprays from?
You can purchase sprays from online stores or from any reputed brick-and-mortar stores near you.
Various studies and reports have revealed that many cases of bed bug infestation have been reported in the country and the number seems to be increasing. With the increasing menace, scientists feel it is imperative to develop effective insecticides in order eradicate bed bugs.