Cholesterol is the fat that is found in blood, and our bodies produce all the necessary cholesterol, therefore consuming foods with cholesterol more than necessary is harmful. A diet with high cholesterol can cause heart diseases; therefore low cholesterol diet is suggested for a healthy heart. Let us look at heart healthy diets, which lower bad cholesterol or LDL without affecting good cholesterol or HDL:
• Beans are very nutritious and healthy food with high fiber and plant based protein as well as a wonderful source of magnesium, potassium, antioxidants, iron, vitamins, folate and calcium. The fiber in beans is very helpful for a healthy heart because it lowers high cholesterol in very short period. Other legumes like Lentils and green peas are also essential for a healthy heart.
• Tomato is a very nutritional food, and it is rich, in folic acid, antioxidants, beta carotene and vitamin A, and C. Tomato can lower bad cholesterol and prevents heart disease, also aids to prevent high blood pressure and reduces the risk of a heart stroke.
• Avocado is another nutritious fiber rich fruit with vitamin E, K, C, A, B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6, Potassium, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, Zinc and phosphorous. It also contains protein and healthy fat called beta-sitosterols, these “fats” are very helpful for a healthy heart be-cause it increases good cholesterol and decreases bad cholesterol.
• Garlic is one of the most nutritious spices with medicinal properties. When it is chopped or crushed one of the sulphur compounds forms and it is known as allicin, which is very beneficial for our health. Gar-lic can lower high blood pressure and bad cholesterol.
• Consuming nuts like almond, walnuts, pistachios are very good for overall health, the proper number of nuts prevent heart diseases by lowering bad cholesterol. It contains antioxidants and gives anti-inflammatory support for a healthy heart.
• Spinach is one of the best iron rich leafy vegetables which has various health benefits. Spinach prevents clogged arteries and can lower the bad cholesterol.
• Flax seeds, dark chocolate are some other foods those lowers bad cholesterol. Olive oil, avocado oil, peanut oil, canola oil are some natural vegetable and seed oil contains polyunsaturated fat, and this fat can stimulate the liver to lower the LDL or bad cholesterol.
By adding these heart healthy diets, one can lower the risk of heart diseases.