Home appliances help everyone complete day-to-day tasks at their homes. Whether it is for cooling or heating water or cleaning the house, home appliances play a major role in people’s lives in the modern age. The brick and mortar and online stores provide a great deal of the products for making people’s lives easier than ever.
Types of home appliances
Home appliances can comprise a long list of products that we use on a daily basis to complete basic tasks. These electronic appliances can be divided in three categories that have been briefly explained below.
DVDs, TVs, telephones, remote control cars, video games, desktops, laptops, and other things are included in this category of home appliances. Software development and upgrading electronic components have become the prime elements behind the development of electronic goods for consumers. In a nutshell, it can be said that this category of appliances is largely related to information technology.
Under home appliances, the large machines that are used generally for cooking, housekeeping, and washing laundry fall into this category. These products are not easy to transport and usually have a special electronic connection. Refrigerators, washing machine, drying cabinets, water cooler, air conditioner, microwave oven, water heater, and the like are some examples of the major home appliances. The electricity consumption is perhaps higher than other goods and for this reason, the products now have energy saving mode to help the consumer save up on their electricity bills.
Powered by electricity, the small appliances are the ones that are comparatively smaller in size than the major appliances. Toaster oven, blender, waffle irons, coffee maker, and food processor are generally included in this category. In the market, these appliances can be expensive and few of the expensive examples include espresso maker, hot pot, high-end mixers or microwave oven, can opener, toasters, and the like. Apart from electricity, there are few of the products that run on gas and hand power and these include hand crank egg beater and grater.
How can you buy energy-efficient appliances?
Nowadays, home appliances seem to provide more or fewer features for every product but the consumers need to look whether it has an energy saving feature. Because of high energy consumption, the cost can be higher and can use natural resources excessively. For maintaining a sustainable environment, you need to remember certain things while buying home appliances.
- You should measure the shape and size of the product before buying it. However, if you don’t have the proper measurements, the product you choose to buy may not fit well in the allocated space. Additionally, you would need to check whether there is enough room to operate it or open its door or space for ventilation.
- You need to assess the cost of the product and calculate its energy use when you are deciding the model or brand. In this way, you can buy a product with a higher price which also has various effective features but only consume a very less amount of energy.
- You can ask the retailers whether there are any incentive programs, low-interest loans, or cash rebates. You can enquire to ENERGY STAR to find out more about the offer and rebates by only providing zip codes.
- After purchasing the product, you must go through the black label for all the information regarding the energy guide. Additionally, you can look for the ENERGY STAR logo as it can help you to understand that the product is actually capable of saving energy.
- Compare the use of energy with other products to choose the best one.
ENERGY STAR symbolizes whether a product is energy efficient. The Environmental Protection Agency has created the logo to help customers save energy and money simultaneously. There are several renowned brands like LG, Electrolux, Haier, and so on that pay special attention in maintaining the sustainability of environment by offering energy-efficient home appliances. Hence, comparison is the key to choose the best among all the products that are available in the market.