The practicality of using the garage doors is mainly to get the utmost level of security from theft or other risk factors. However, choosing the right garage door needs more attention as it occupies more than 25% of the frontal part of the house. While buying the garage doors, you need to pay close attention to get the best that actually can align with the outlook of the entire house.
Factors to keep in mind before buying a garage door
There are several factors related to the purchase of garage door and all of them need to be evaluated before buying.
- To check its longevity and durability, know what kind of material is used in its making. Aluminum, stainless steel, and fiberglass are the usual components that the renowned manufacturers including Amarr, Clopay, Overhead Door and Wayne Dalton Garage Doors
- People can go for the aluminum garage doors as they are capable of resisting corrosion. Additionally, for durability, the users can choose to go with fiberglass but the doors can crack in the extremely cold temperature
- In order to get a special appearance, buyers can choose wooden doors. However, in terms of durability, the wooden garage doors are not a great option
- Cost-effectiveness is one of the most crucial factors that matter to the purchase of garage doors. People need to look for the doors that offer a multitude of features used with standard technology at the lowest price. For quality doors, they can contact Direct Garage Doors, DoorsOn-Line, and Lowes
- You can enquire the manufacturer to provide detailed information on what level of security you can expect from the doors. Additionally, ask the manufacturer whether it has the rolling-code technology that changes the security code every time it is opened
- Ask about the warranty period of the doors and acquire full knowledge of what kind of damages are to be covered in the warranty period
- Understand all the controls of the remote control of the garage door
Maintenance of the garage doors
Every buyer should go through the manual provided with the product to understand what kind of maintenance procedure should be taken to make it last longer. Maintaining garage doors is a challenge, hence make sure you every detail to keep it functioning all through the years.
Cleaning the garage doors
If you want to prevent rust which can be generated from the foreign matter, you need to clean the doors two times a year. However, people living in coastal areas need to clean the doors four times in a year.
- The frequency of cleaning door can be changed with the change in weather conditions
- You can use a mild detergent with water to clean the doors
- Wiping and rinsing should be the prime methods of cleaning
- People need to clean the back of the stop molding and top portion of the door as well
Taking up maintenance agenda on yearly basis is enough for the garage doors as the entire task is very time-consuming. You can start with these procedures first,
- You need to lubricate the components of the door with a lightweight household oil
- One of the vital things that need to keep in mind at the time of maintenance that there should not be more than one hinge to be removed at a time
- If there is any screw or bolts missing or found to be loose, you will need to replace or straightened them to minimize the security risks
- If there are torsion springs, the spring assembly can be adjusted with the help of professionals or trained mechanics
- The usual scuffs or usual scratches are never covered by the warranty. Additionally, people living in the coastal area need to use mild dishwashing detergent to get the best result while cleaning
- Thoroughly check the door to identify whether there are any bent or loose hinges. If it is found to be loose, you can tighten them using household appliance. Additionally, the bent hinges need to be straightened or replaced by calling the experts immediately