Good jackets come at a price. Whether itâ€™s a leather jacket or a cotton jacket, finding something affordable yet classy is a challenge. Here are some tips to buy affordable and cheap jackets, especially leather ones, and look great in them. When you buy a jacket, ensure that you pay attention to the following details.
- Choose a monochromatic color, preferably black as it will work with most other colors.
- When choosing a fabric, pick leather. Leather works well with most other outfits.
- To make it classier with the outfits you pair it with, keep it simple. Avoid embellishments of any sorts including frills, studs, buckles, quilting, many zippers, hoods, or colorful linings.
- Make sure thereâ€™s enough room and that the jacket is not too tight a fitÂ so that you can add layers underneath when necessary.
- Avoid cropped jackets or jackets that are too long. They do not work well with the vast majority of outfits.
- If you are the kind who likes to push her sleeves up to look trendy, buy a jacket that has sleeves fitting enough to stay up when pushed.
With the right outfit, a cheap jacket can be versatile enough to work on most occasions. For instance, if you have to run an errand, go to the movies, or just stepÂ out for a cup of coffee, you can pair your jacket with a cotton dress when the weather is warm or with jeans and a hoodie when it is cold. This is, of course, one reason why you should avoid buying a hooded jacket in the first place as two hoods never look great.
If you work in an environment that is a bit relaxed about what you wear, you can team your work outfit with a jacket to avoid looking like a working person in a professional outfit. However, this only if you want to break the mold.
If you are going for a night out at your local bar and desire to look great but not overdressed, pair the jacket with a pretty dress and heels, with the sleeves of the jacket pushed back for a cool, yet pretty look.
As you can see, itâ€™s fairly easy to get your cheap jacket looking great on you. You can also try it with simple white dresses, maxi dresses, or ripped jeans plaid skirts. When youâ€™re on a tight budget, all you need is confidence and a clever buy.